Briefly, some factors that interest me about the game:
- Interesting dynamics in the game-play. The characters seem to be somewhat diverse, but what interests me more is the actual game mechanics, which seem to be fairly fun in this game so far.
- Being that this is a PC game, the game can be updated and tweaked with patches should there be glitches or balance issues. And the good news is, it actually is being constantly updated and improved upon.
- It can be played online, but the net code is vastly superior to X-Box live. This is good news for human competition which is always good for fighting games.
- Good start. So far I like the game, but then it's also still in production which interests me a lot.
- The way the characters play. The artwork in the game doesn't interest me much -- but then, they could be fighting trees for all I care -- but I do like the way some of the characters play, in regards to their move-set and special skills. I personally get in to a lot of games just because I find a character or two that interest me, and this happens to be one of them.
- Replays. I personally love spectating, and I feel it's both an essential part of learning/improving competitively and also very entertaining. Fortunately this game comes equipped with the ability to record matches into small "replay" files to be watched any time, which is definitely a major bonus.
So, that said, those who are reading this and find it interesting might want to take a look at some links of interest, so here goes:
- 8105 Graphics - Monster Home (JP)
- English Monster Home
- Monster Mook (JP)
- Monster Wiki
Discussion threads on Shoryuken.com
- Monster: How many people are interested?
- Monster - The most awesome doujin fighting game yet?
- Monster: Combo, Strat, and Game Information
- Copyright © Xenozip.